The HS-500 features an amplified differential electret microphone for superior noise cancellation and an audiometric dynamic receiver for excellent frequency response with low distortion. Due to its noise-cancelling characteristic, it may be used near PA speakers without experiencing feedback. The handset is extremely resistant to radio frequency interference and 400Hz hum.
Ease of Service
The microphone and receiver caps are removable for internal servicing. The electret microphone element and amplifier are contained in a single module. Both the microphone-amplifier module and the receiver element are replaceable without soldering or cutting.
Cordage and Plugs
Cordage is strain-relieved at the handset and plug for maximum strength. Cord and plug configurations are available to meet a variety of user requirements,
The HS-500 handset contains Push-to-Talk for ease of use.
FAA TSO Approval
The HS-500 handset is approved for aviation use under FAA TSO C57 and C58.
- Color: Black
- Cord Length: 7 ft (2.1336 m)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 4 kHz
- Impedance: 600 Ω
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Microphone Impedance: 50-600 Ω
- Microphone Sensitivity: -55 +/- 3 dBV/Pa
- Microphone Type: Noise-Cancelling Electret
- Power Requirements: 8-30 Vdc
- Speaker: Dynamic, Audiometric
- Speaker Sensitivity: 109 SPL/mW
- Weight: 11.99 oz (340 g)